CSR Charter and Policies
Dedicated personnel in General Manager Office and respective departments are designated to hold concurrent post to execute strategies of CSR and ethical management, review result, and report to the board on a periodic basis. CSR organization chart and each authority is shown below:
Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility are what Holy Stone strives for. These goals are also forces that raise our society.
Holy Stone Enterprise values information transparency and focuses on corporate governance. We established a remuneration committee under our Board. Its goal is to assist the Board on governing remunerations, assessing and supervising the director and manager remunerations to ensure its fairness and rationality.
The flood of disasters made the world reflect on how we are using energy. Do we cherish what we have or do we exploit it? Can we protect the earth from further harm? Looking back at 2011, our manufacturing department continuously implemented environmentally-friendly practices. Not only did the amount of water reuse increased and waste water discharge decreased, electricity usage was also lowered, which equals to a decreased emission of CO2. At the same time, exhaust gas treatment equipment, regenerative catalytic oxidizer (RCO), has also started operating. This will further lower the impact of exhausts on air quality.
The Company pays great attention to employee welfare, health and safety. Through complete management on health and operating environment, the frequency of injuries and its severities have greatly improved year after yeat. We hope to achieve zero injuries in the near future.
Since the establishment of Holy Stone Foundation, our colleagues have turned love into practical actions caring for the earth (the wetland ecosystem volunteers) and the society (nursing home volunteers). We believe that, through giving, we can experience a greater appreciation and we can also better protect the environment and minorities.
With the development and growth of Holy Stone Group, we come to realize that only through implementing corporate social responsibility, can we create a better future for the community.
Human Rights Policy
Holy Stone follows all Labor Law in each operating area, at the same time recognize and support the spirit of Human Rights Protection and the basic rules in International Bill of Human Rights; Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations Global Compact and International Labour Convention…etc. We have included the integration of RBA (Responsible Business Alliance) in our business strategy, to put respect and protection of human rights into action.
2019 International Labour Organization (No. 190)-Realize the right of everyone to a world of work free from violence and harassment (Article.4), 1958 International Labour Organization (No.111)-Non-discrimination in employment and occupation (Article.1), 1989 Convention on the Rights of the Child (No.32) Guidelines by United Nations, formulate our own Occupational Safety Policy, Labor Policy, Child Labor Prohibition Policy, Provision of Safe and Healthy Workplace, ensure equal opportunities, secure human rights in workplace, and to promote work-life balance.
Human Rights Matters and Management
Provision of Safe and Healthy Workplace
1.Holy Stone follows the regulations in Occupational Safety and Health Act, company has assigned staffs for occupational safety and health, also set up emergency respond group based on each occupational function, strengthen safety and protection in workplace.
2.Holy Stone formulates “Prevention of Unlawful Infringements during Execution Duty” and “Prohibition of Sexual Harassment at Workplace”, proposed a written statement of “Prohibition of Unlawful Infringements at Workplace” and “Anti-Sexual Harassment” Statement, our internal complaints committee has established grievance system and other preventions, to protect employees from physical violence, moral harassment, verbal abuse and sexual harassment while executing duty.
3.Holy Stone provide channels for communicating, such us setting up email for complaints, and to communicate with employees through labor conference, department meetings and emailing (electronic mails and other internal communication system). We encourage our employees to communicate directly with management level; employees can have open conversation without concerning the situation of discrimination, revenge, threats and harassment.
Ensure Equal Opportunities
1.Equal Employment Opportunity is revealed when doing interviews with applicants. All applicants will not be discriminate by their race, class, use of language, thoughts, religion, partisan, hometown, birthplace, gender, sexual orientation, age, marriage, looks, facial features, constellation, blood type, group background, identification of veteran, and protected genetic information.
2.Holy Stone hires disabled workers, all of them are not discriminated or treated unfair due to disabilities.
Secure Human Rights at Workplace
1.Holy Stone will not accept applicants under the age of 16. We advocate that all child labor are prohibited while during interviews, we also do inspections when they got hired, to eradicate any chance of hiring child labor with fake identifications.
2.The company will not force any employees from unwilling labor practices, nor detain identifications of employees/applicants or ask them to pay any kinds of recruitment fee. We respect that employees work voluntary. With reasonable prior notice, employees can decide to end the employers-employee relations by their own.
Promote Work-Life Balance
1. Holy Stone provides annual health check, subsidies for birthdays, marriages, maternity, hospitalization, company retreats, club events and other employee benefits. Also hold workshops, movie sharing, recreational events, leisure activities…etc. We cooperate with Social Welfare Foundation to hold art exhibitions, promote Corporate Volunteer Day to bring everyone together, help our employees to keep their mental and physical healthiness and reach work-life balance.
2. To ensure employee’s childcare quality and safety, Holy Stone has corporate with legal child care center, providing special deals for our employees to lessen their burden.
Holy Stone CSR Policy
Corporate Social Responsibility is one of Holy Stone Group's operational strategies. To fulfill corporate social responsibility and realize sustainability is our ultimate goal. We combined RBA Code of Conduct into our operational strategies; together every person in Holy Stone will strive to achieve the goal of sustainable developed enterprise:
A. Follow the Laws and Respect Business Ethics:
1. Honesty and Integrity: Promote integrity introspection, avoid violation of laws, engage in collusion, or seek illegal benefits;
2. No Improper Advantage: Bribes are not to be given or accepted, nor use method which violate business ethics to gain profit or cause profit of interest;
3. Information Transparency: Fully disclosure on corporate activities, corporate governance, organizational structure and financial condition with transparency and accuracy;
4. Intellectual Property Rights: Comply intellectual property agreements with partners, protect intellectual properties, and no arbitrarily disclose to others;
5. Fair Business Practices: Promote fair competition, treat customers with respect and equality, and comply contract agreements with customers. To gain benefits from monopoly and collusion is forbidden;
6. Identity Protection: Stakeholders are encouraged to propose feedback and suggestion; their identities are not to be revealed or face retaliation, also other rights are protected.
B. Follow relevant law, engage in environmentally-friendly practices and create a green corporation:
1. Green Product: Develop eco-friendly products to minimize impacts on the environment;
2. Green Production: Continue to improve manufacturing process to reduce waste emissions. No conflict minerals can be used in production;
3. Green Education: Promote environmental education to improve the quality of living.
C. All operation units regardless of geographic area must be in compliance with key international human rights standards and applicable labor-related laws:
1. No Forced Labor: Prohibited to charge fees, deposit, detain identifications from workers. Involuntary or exploitative prison labor, debt bondage or indentured labor, slavery or trafficking of persons shall not be used;
2. Prohibition of child labor: Child labor is forbidden. Child labor review mechanism is established, as well as the protection method when misuse;
3. Wages and Working Hours: All working hours, wages, vacation and benefits comply with the regulations;
4. Humane Management: We respect our workers, thus no inhumane treatment are used. Company also provides career planning from both the enterprise and individual;
5. Non-Discrimination: Company shall not engage in discrimination based on age, gender, religion, race, political affiliation...etc. Every worker or applicant shall not face discrimination or harassment;
6. Freedom of Association: Respect employees' rights to join association and do negotiations freely.
D. Through occupational risk control, we provide our employees safety training and protective equipments, evaluate the risk of harm establishment at workplace, also maintain Health & Safety Management System; provide our employees a safe work environment.
E. Caring for the minorities through encouraging employees to participate in community services.
F. Fulfill corporate governance, actively create the value of the company, and increase stockholders equity; aiming continuous improvement and sustainable development!
We will focus on new topics and trend to adjust our commitments, please keep an eye on our company website to get relevant information.
Policies and Certificates
Holy Stone Enterprise Co., Ltd.
General Manager's Office
CSR Promotion Team
Address: No. 62, Section 2, Huanshan Road, Taipei City, Taipei